[Jonas hit DC on anniversary of Roe V. Wade JD Farag, mideast update for Jan. 31 -- Molech was the god with fire in the belly--statues with a furnace; unwanted babies from sexual immorality were put into the fire. JD is saying abortion now is pretty much the same thing. That's just one item from the week's update. Also the leader of Iran (Rouhani) asking the Pope to pray for him!
"The generation that sees the rebirth of a generation will be the generation that sees the coming of the Son of Man" -- I'm wondering if this means simply that we will see more Messianic Jewish presence and more Holy Spirit activity, God pouring out his Spirit on the peoplea and uniting them? Raising more and more Spirit-filled Christians?
I have always understood that the word aliyah refers to being called up to the Torah reading at the synagogue. But yesterday, a friend told me that he is making aliyah. He explained that “making aliyah” meant moving to Israel.
Could you enlighten me on what the true meaning of the word is?
Answer:The Hebrew word aliyah translates as “elevation” or “going up.” It is, in fact, used both for being called up to the Torah reading and for moving to the Land of Israel.
Uhkay. Well, I sent a friend notice to my friend Carol on FB, she wants to know how to add smileys to a comment. I guess she can't see the very faint smiley face and add a pic camera icons on the little window. No lack of brains, just she's 70 or so. So I hope the screenprint I made with a circle and text on it is okay. I can already see I should have made it different. Arr.
I took my glasses off last night at church and it was pretty bad--I could not even see dark spots where the pastor's eyes were. Just pink blur. the day before I had like 3 or 4 doughnuts for breakfast, then 3 slightly less sugary snacks for dinner. No that is not a normal day's diet, but in the past 2 years or less, I've gained about 60 pounds. I am afraid this is partly diabetic tendency, and I do relate this to the eyesight loss. It is only since going to this church that my MIND has been clearing up. I have been perfectly aware of my physical problems, it's just that I didn't have the money, or the sanity to get money to eat healthy. I couldn't even think about getting food stamps, my mind just wouldn't go there whenI found out you could only get them for 3 months till you have to start looking for a job and I needed a heck of a lot longer than 3 months to pull myself together enough to be able to handle another job.
So I couldn't afford decent food, or thought I couldn't (after a while, my dad gave me the option to cash in my life insurance, which I did not opt for, I was just paranoid and really did not believe he meant well, was thinking this was some kind of trap. But I wasn't consciously thinking it, but I think that's what held me back. He really was not an honest man. But in the mean time my health suffered.
My head is full of moldy bits.
The Law is fulfilled in Christ.Watching this week's Superior Word Prophecy Update.Sigh, this keyboard barely works.
[I went to Lifetree after vineyard supper and food pantry. Wasn't planning on Lifetree but got really ticked after realizing my wallet is misplaced.] YPP and listening to Jd Farag prophecy update, Jan 24.
I woke up at 4 or so this a.m. & had a can of mini ravioli. It's too salty, %29 percent of the sodium RDA. I have a hard time with portion control, but it's better than I've been doing with all the free bread I've been eating. I gained I think 70 pounds last year or so. And my hormones are slowing down and they say it's more difficult that way, when you get older. I feel better since I've been avoiding sweets. But Sun. I just knocked myself out with eating them. I don't know what the problem is, probably some buried trauma.
Wed. last week it snowed, froze, but Sun. it got warm. Got 3 bugbites, dangit.
[Wednesday] ☆ I realized on Mon. night that I lost my wallet, or misplaced it. It could be in Pastor Vivian's car, in the wheel well. (❃ just messing around with stuff). Sr. Michelle & I talked about a dream I had in 2014 or 15, that told me to accept no 'invitations especially for me". Decided it was probably a bunch of hooey. That dream robbed me. I have been fasting for two days a week, & was fasting maybe for the afternoon & evening. Someone just said that Rob Blazer just killed himself. I could have heard wrong.
I was such a loser this week, Mon. night saying I wanted to die. The week before JJ & I went by J's mom's house and they had left the van door open. I went up on the porch and knocked on the door, told them, he acted a bit disgusted and went & closed it. I would have just done it myself but thought maybe there was a reason for it.
Too bad you can't make tables, I could type around that. Kush & Kazz subbed me again.
It was free Lunch day @ the church, so I went and helped Gail cook. There wasn't much for Sr. Carol to do by the time she got there, and less for Pastor Vivian which is good. Only 4 people came, 3 regulars and a new lady. New lady was pretty nice.
I found out someone I talk to once in a while is someone I have met before, when she went to Al-anon. Like once, but she is the sister of someone I know from there and from a 9 month period of going to a certain church in about 2009. She said that that certain church that I went to for a short time, she for a long, was 10 yrs ago a different church. It was like the church we both go to now. It had the Spirit, and people worshipped in the Spirit at every service (there were 3 on weekends). While I was going there, the last of the Spirit worship, was one hour per month, and the head pastor at the time made sure that went away, told the two leaders of this one hour "encounter" to leave, and that was it. Our own pastor happened to mention this week that there are churches who pop up from time to time who are just amazing, they are like that, this great new thing. But after a few years, they just aren't anymore. Our church has close to a 50-year history, was more religious in the beginning, but had the Holy Spirit all those decades, I believe. Every service and prayer service.
That's from the Jan. 3rd Prophecy update from JD Farag.
Tachos, Greek word, meaning (like tachometer, rpms) revving up.
|Our Father||who||is in heaven,||be it that||will be hallowed||thy name.|
|Be it that||thy kingdom||will come.|
|Be it that||thy desire||will be done||on earth||as||in heaven.|
|Give||(to) us||today||daily||our bread.|
|And||forgive||(for) us||our wrongs||as||we forgive||(for) our wrong-doers.|
|And||be it that||thou will not lead||us||into overmastering desire|
- Attolma 'Our Father'. atto is an affectionate form of atar 'father' (LR:349 s.v. ATA-). Compare the New Testament usage of Aramaic abba 'father', a term "borrowed from childhood's language to express filial address to God", as Christ's words in Mark 14:36: "And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee..." (KJV) The exclusive 1 pl. possessive suffix *-lma 'our' appears in the genitive -lmo 'of our' in omentielmo 'of our meeting' (L:265, 447). The exclusive 1 pl. pronoun does not include the person addressed as part of the we, us, or our; thus Attolma 'Our (but not Your) Father', anta men 'give to us (but not to You)', etc.
- i 'who'. Cf. i Eru i 'the One who' (UT:305).
- menelessie 'is in heaven'. This consists of *menelesse 'in heaven', locative sg. of menel 'firmament, high heaven, the region of the stars' (R:72), to which has been added the copular suffix -ie (= ye 'is'), as in márie 'it is good' (LR:72) < mára 'good' (LR:371) and man-ie 'what is it?' (LR:59) < man 'what?' (LR:63). A form closely analogous to *menelessie is númessier 'They are in the West' (LR:72) < *númesse 'in the West' + pl. copular suffix -ier '(they) are'.
- nai 'be it that, may it be that, maybe' (I:394, R:67-68). Nai is used with a verb in the future to express a wish, e.g. Nai hiruvalye Valimar 'be it that thou wilt find Valimar' (cf. R:67-68). For further discussion, see the next entry.
- airitainiéva 'will be hallowed'. This contains a present stem *airita- 'hallow, make holy', from aire 'holy' (I:394) + causative -ta as in tulta- 'send for, fetch, summon' < TUL- 'come, approach' (LR:395). The past participle is thus *airitaina 'hallowed'; cp. hastaina 'marred' in Arda Hastaina 'Arda Marred', with bare stem hasta- in Alahasta 'Unmarred' (MR:254). With the addition of the future copular suffix -iéva (= yéva 'will be', LR:72) this becomes *airitainiéva '(it) will be hallowed'. Cp. hostainiéva 'is counted', lit. *'will be collected' (LR:72), < *hostaina 'collected', p.p. of hosta- 'to collect' (LR:364).
Our translation of the Lord's Prayer is based on Jerome's Latin version in the Vulgate rather than on the Greek original, owing to our imperfect knowledge of New Testament Greek. Subjunctive verbs in the Vulgate version have been rendered into Quenya with the nai + future construction. Thus Lat. sanctificetur 'hallowed be' has been translated as nai airitainiéva 'be it that (it) will be hallowed'.
- esselya 'thy name'. This is esse 'name' (III:401) + -lya 'your', the 2 sg. possessive suffix, as in tielyanna 'upon your path' (UT:22, 51 n.3). For the reverential sense *'thy', cf. the suffixed nom. form -lye 'thou' in hiruvalye thou shalt find' (I:394).
- ardalya 'thy kingdom'. Cf. arda 'realm' < GAR *'hold, possess', "often in names as Elenarda 'Star-kingdom', upper sky" (LR:360). Also used as a proper noun Arda 'The Realm', "name of the Earth as the Kingdom of Manwe" (S:317).
- tuluva 'will come'. Cf. entuluva 'shall come again' (S:195), with prefix en- 'again' (UT:317 n.43). Here nai tuluva 'be it that (it) will come' represents the Latin subjunctive adveniat 'may it come'.
- írelya 'thy desire'. Cf. íre 'desire' < *i\di 'heart, desire, wish' (LR:361 s.v. ID-).
- tyarniéva 'will be done'. The base KYAR- 'cause, do' yielded Quenya derivatives in tyar- , as tyaro 'doer, actor, agent' (LR:362). We have assumed a p.p. *tyarna 'done' on the basis of varna 'safe, protected, secure', apparently a p.p. *'uplifted, saved, rescued' < BAR- 'uplift, save, rescue(?)' (LR:351). Here nai tyarniéva 'be it that (it) will be done' represents the Latin subjunctive fiat 'let it be done'.
- mardesse 'on earth'. Cf. mar 'earth' in i-mar 'the earth' (LR:72), with oblique stem mard- seen in Mardello 'from Earth' (ibid.)
- ve 'as, like'. Cf. ve rámar aldaron 'as the wings of trees' (I:394), ve fanyar 'like clouds' (R:66-67).
- anta 'give!' (imperative). Cf. stem anta- 'give' (LR:348 s.v. ANA1-). In Quenya there seems to have been no formal distinction between the bare stem of a verb and the imperative; thus NA\2- "Stem of verb 'to be' in Q" (LR:374) appears in na\-i 'be it - that' (R:68). Here anta represents the Latin imperative da 'give!'.
- men '(to) us'. The accusative 1 pl. exclusive pronoun me 'us' appears in nuruhuine me lumna 'Death-shadow us is-heavy' (LR:56). The dative form *men '(to, for) us' seems to appear in assimilated form mel- in nuruhuine mel-lumna 'Death-shadow us-is-heavy' (LR:47), lit. *'the shadow of death lies heavy for us' (cf. lumna- 'to lie heavy'; LR:355 s.v. DUB-).
- síre 'today, (on) this day', a neologism coined from SI- 'this, here, now' (LR:385) + the suffix -re 'day' as in mettare 'last day' (III:386) and Cormare 'Ringday' (III:390). Also cf. íre 'when' (LR:72), enyáre 'in that day' (ibid.), yáre 'former days' (LR:399 s.v. YA-).
- ilyaurea 'daily, of the whole day', a compound of adj. ilya 'all, the whole' (LR:361 s.v. IL-, I:394) + *aurea 'of a day', adj. form of aure 'day' (S:190, 195), just as adj. laurea 'golden' is derived from laure 'gold' (R:70). In the present context *ilyaurea refers to a quantity of bread 'sufficient for the whole day'.
- mastalma 'our bread'. Cf. masta 'bread' (LR:372 s.v. MBAS-).
- ar 'and' (I:394).
- avanta 'forgive'. No Elvish word meaning 'forgive' appears in the published corpus. The verb 'forgive' in Old English was forgiefan , from the prefix for- , denoting loss or destruction, and giefan 'give'. We have used this as the model for a neologism *avanta- 'to forgive' < the privative prefix ava- (LR:349 s.v. AWA-) + anta- 'give' (LR:384 s.v. ANA1-). Privative ava- is translated as 'for-' in avaqet- 'refuse, forbid' (LR:366 s.v. KWET-), lit. *'say away'. Thus *avanta- 'to give away, for-give', appearing in this line in imperative *avanta 'forgive!', as well as with the exclusive 1 pl. nom. suffix -lme 'we' in *avantalme 'we forgive' (cf. laituvalmet 'we will praise them', III:231, L:308).
- raikalmar 'our wrongs'. Cf. adj. raika 'crooked, bent, wrong' (LR:383 s.v. RAYAK-), here used substantively to mean *'a wrong thing, sin, trespass'.
- raikatyarolmain '(for) our wrong-doers'. *raikatyaro 'wrong-doer, sinner' is a compound of raika 'wrong' + tyaro 'actor, doer, agent' (LR:362 s.v. KAR-). With the addition of the possessive suffix *-lma 'our', this appears in the dative plural raikatyarolmain 'for our wrong-doers', i.e. 'for those who do us wrong'. A direct object raikar 'trespasses' is implied but unexpressed in this clause; i.e. ve avantalme (raikar) raikatyarolmain 'as we forgive (trespasses) for those who do us wrong'.
- útukuvalye 'thou will not lead'. Cf. tukin 'I draw' < TUK- 'draw, bring', whence also N tegi 'to lead, bring' (LR:395); here in the 2 sg., future tense: *tukuvalye 'thou will lead'. The Etymologies gives the negative prefix ú- 'not, un-, in-', "usually with bad sense" (LR:396). Use of this prefix to negate verbs is not yet attested in Quenya but appears in Sindarin, e.g. ú-chebin estel 'I have kept no hope' (III:342). Also cf. Goldogrin Ú- "negative prefix with any part of speech" (LT2:346 s.v. Nínin-Udathriol).
- mailenna 'into overmastering desire'. Cf. maile 'lust' (LR:373), used in this translation to refer to excessive desire in general, not just sexual appetite. Cf. def. 5 of lust in the OED: "Lawless and passionate desire of or for some object....Overmastering desire (esp. of battle)." That this more general sense also applies to maile is implied in the Etymologies s.v. MIL-IK-, where maile apparently provides the basis for the name Melko < *Mailiko\ . The Noldorin form is given in this same entry as Maeleg , with which compare N mael 'lust'. Other derivatives of MIL-IK- include Q milme 'desire, greed', milya- 'long for', and milka 'greedy' (N melch ). For the use of the allative to mean 'into', cf. eari ullier ikilyanna 'seas should flow into chasm' (SD:247).
- ná 'but'. The Etymologies s.v. NDAN- 'back' gives na\ , na\n 'but, on the contrary, on the other hand' (LR:375). Also cf. nan 'but' with short vowel in "Fíriel's Song" (LR:72). This is not to be confused with ná 'is' (I:394, R:67).
- fainu 'release!' (imperative). Cf. fainu- 'release' (LT1:250); for imperative use of the bare stem , see the discussion of anta in Line 4.
- ulkallo 'from evil'. The adj. ulka 'evil' appears in henulka 'evileyed' (SD:68, 72 n.12), and is here used substantively as *'wickedness'.
- amen . A borrowing of Hebrew a\-me\n 'certainty, truth', used adverbially as 'certainly, truly'. This might also be rendered into Quenya as *anwave 'truly' < anwa 'real, actual, true' (LR:348 s.v. ANA2-) + adverbial suffix -ve as in andave 'long' (III:231, L:308).
The contact language in such a system was sometimes French, Spanish or Portuguese, or Hawaiian in the case of plantations owned by native Hawaiians in Hawaii.
Bickerton I guess is the first proponent of the idea of bioprogram in creole. The children of that first generation that would develop the pidgin language would make up a language based on the pidgin elements. They did so because (Bickerton hypothesizes) the brains of children are disposed to develop language during childhood.
Eh, wish I'd brought the book with me so I could lift a couple quotations from it.
Earlier theories on the development of creoles included one that said there was a separate lanquage floating around, based on African languages and Portuguese, that slaves would just pick up from sailors during voyages. There is just no proof for that though. And the creole in Hawaii includes no African, and few of the plantation workers there tended to be African. Asians predominated.
I wonder if many European or Asian languages developed that way. Or African, Arab, Middle Eastern, etc.
I am not sure what happened, it was in my purse, it had at least a third of the battery charged, then overnight...nothing. When charged it, the brand name logo came up, UMX corp or whatever, then...black. Not sure I care, but I lost the pics of the animals I babysat for, and some nice clouds and ...dammit.
The dog is warming my feet, the AC making things a bit cool. It's been sweltering out, so I am quite grateful for it.
Well, I wanted to use my new icon. It's kinda busy but so what.
Oh, yeah, I have a cell phone for the first time in my life. I wonder how many people my age in the US have never had their own phone.
Part of Speech: Adjective
Phonetic Spelling: (al'-los)
Short Definition: other, another, different
Definition: other, another (of more than two), different.
243 állos (a primitive word) – another of the same kind; another of a similar type.
An impossible question, of course.
The Smell is her business to do something about, I am not going to call her landlady and explain the whole thing.
The enabling PISSED me off royally a few years ago when she did it, I was many pounds thinner, after simply being homeless with not much in the way of food. Now I have plenty of food. But then she was like, oh, Elizabeth eat those brownies I'm afraid they are going to get bugs if they get left here (NEVER did we get bugs at our Al-Anon meetings, everyone is a neat freak and we store stuff in sealable containers). And that started me just thinking about food again. Why do I do that? I am beginning to think it is indeed genetic. But still, I had worked hard to also walk everyday or every other day a couple miles and eat reasonably.
Her roommate got really heavy after she lived with her a while. She (roommate) finally said "oh I just keep going for those snacks at (our meeting's snack table), but it's better than starving myself". Not blaming someone else, but jeez, B. keeps pushing snacks.
And the smell, I finally said I am not going to have a conversation about the smell. She complains and complains and complains. And complains, every time she comes in. EVERY NIGHT. Immediately it starts.
I get so mad and it's stupid, like I let it happen but I do it every time, I wait till the next day and it's like "EFFING...". This reminds me of living with those other people, V, had a temper like whatever, it was no doubt from her past, the anger. IT's driving me nuts and I don't know who to talk to.
Then again sometimes when I talk it out it goes away. I do wish I could think of something else to do than planning to say whatever hurts, whatever makes me sound like a jerk, just to get her to shut up.
This is like my mom, who taught me words are never wrong, just physical force. But she's wrong, I know that now.
I just don't know what the hell to do. Duh.
And I had a dream about venting, some kind of integration (personality), and venting.
I could never decide on a name, I just accept what I was given, though a Jehovah's Witness mailman used to call me Liz when he came up on the porch, so my family started to call me Liz.
My dad's father wanted me to be called Lizanne.
Sometimes I just say what I'm looking for, scissors or glasses or whatever, when I have looked where I thought I put them, where they might be, and any other likely place and they are not in sight still.
If it's more complex, I tend to hit the old journal, my paper journal.